Sports Premium Funding at Farndon Fields Primary School
The Government has recently announced a renewed package of funding for physical education (PE) and school sport. Through a new ‘Sport Premium’ the Government is providing £150 million in each of the next two years to support the delivery of PE and sport in primary schools. This provision has now been extended to 2020.
This funding will be ring fenced, and will be allocated directly to primary schools across England, providing them with dedicated resources to buy in invaluable expertise and support. Funding will be allocated through a lump sum for each school and a per-pupil top-up mechanism. The formula will reference the number of primary-aged pupils (i.e. children between the ages of 5 and 11). All schools with seventeen or more primary-aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil.
You can see how our Sports Funding will be spent in 2016/2017 by clicking here
You can see how our Sports Funding was spent in 2014/2015 by clicking here
As a result of the Sport Premium Funding…
- We have developed our PE provision
- Increased the number of competitions the children attend inter school and introduced more competition interschool
- Developed our provision of swimming
- Have more PE equipment to allow more children to be active at the same time
- More children are active during lunch times